Saturday, February 22, 2020

Active Aging

We're in "season" here in South Florida, so I've been busy training clients.
The majority of my clients are women, but I do have one male client.

Although the average age of my client is about 74, lately I have started getting more clients in their 40s and 50s. This is great because I can help them avoid some of the issues that can crop up as they near the age of 60. 

As one ages, if one does not exercise on a regular basis, their body can age more quickly. As it does, one can start to feel their age and body parts start to wear out and make their presence known.

Many of my clients in their 60s and 70s have issues that require me to create a workout for them to help reduce these physical issues without causing them any pain or aggravating their condition.

My main goal for my clients over 60 is functional fitness.  Functional Fitness training is leading my clients through exercises that will help their body stay younger, which will help them be able to perform activities of daily living, stay independent longer, and enjoy a better quality of life as they age.

There are many components of functional fitness such as:

Flexibility
Agility
Mobility
Endurance
Strength Training
Balance

I really enjoy getting to know each of my clients and helping them obtain their fitness goals. In addition to getting stronger, they may be need to work on balance or getting up from the floor. 

My passion is helping my clients not only by staying functional as they age, but to make it fun along the way and keep them active for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment