Sunday, June 24, 2018

It's Your Call

When it comes to working out, everyone has their own preference as to what they like to do for exercise. Some people may prefer something more sedate and others may want something a lot more vigorous.

As a woman passes the age of 30, one needs to concentrate on all aspects of fitness. Although, you are still young, with each year that passes, one loses muscle.  This is called Sarcopenia (age-related muscle loss).


Prior to this time in life, one tends to concentrate more on cardio.  However, cardio is very taxing on the body and in the long run, it doesn't help with burning calories as much as strength training does. 

Strength training is the king!  This is because not only does it help you burn calories at a higher rate around the clock, it also helps you stay stronger as you age because it helps to fight the natural age-related muscle loss.

When a woman reaches her 40s or 50s, she may start noticing that she isn't as strong as she used to be.  This is the time to really step up the strength training.  Once she gets into her 60s, she may even start to notice her balance and flexibility isn't what it once was.

Because I am in my 60s, and have worked at my fitness throughout the years, and still notice a difference in my strength, I try to help women work within their capabilities to work on all the various elements of fitness.  I know what the aging body feels like, and I don't push past what is safe.

The tools for living a better quality of life for years to come include the following elements:

Mobility
Flexibility 
Balance
Strength
Endurance
Coordination


By the 60s and 70s, it is rare that one doesn't have any issues with their lower backs, knees, hips, shoulders or ankles.  I can help you work on these areas to prevent possible future injuries.  If you have already injured any of these areas and have already finished rehab, I can assist you in continuing the rehab.

Some of the exercise equipment I have are:

TRX
Medicine Balls
Stability Balls
Kettlebells
Free Weights
Ballet Bar
Weighted Body Bars
Battle Ropes
Resistance Bands & Tubes
Thane Total Flex
Pilates Power Gym Plus
Bosu

Wonder Core Abdominal
Ankle Weights
NordicTrack Recumbent Bike
Vibration Platform 

So you can see, there can be a lot of variety in one's workouts!  You may not use all the equipment, but it is available. I strive to change up your workout from time to keep you from getting bored and keep your muscles from adapting to the workout--which can keep you from progressing.

Our sessions are private in my studio.  You don't have to fight for equipment or workout in a noisy environment.  Alexa helps us have music that YOU like! (To me, music makes a workout more enjoyable!)

Please contact me if you have any questions.  I would love to help you achieve your fitness goals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment