Sunday, June 16, 2019

FAI Functional Aging Summit

I have just completed a 2-day Functional Fitness Institute conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico! It was two days jam packed with updated and expanded knowledge in the fitness field dealing with training active aging adults. The information will help to continue to train my clients, so they can function easier with activities of daily living throughout their lives, within their limitations (if any). And in doing so, may help prevent injuries as well as balance issues.

Much of the information had to do with staying active and not to stereotype yourself or others by age, since it is just a number. Many people in their 70's, 80's & 90's may be more active than some in their 40's or 50's, etc.  AGE IS JUST A NUMBER!  

The way you age and feel has to do more with your lifestyle! Being sedentary and isolated can make you age faster. The mindset you have can help you assist in keeping you young.

You can see more pictures and information regarding this conference on my Personal Trainer Facebook Page.

In addition to the information I received from the various workshops and lectures I attended, I was also able to participate in two early-morning exercise workouts. I'm grateful for these since they were using equipment that I have recently purchased.  These workouts gave me a lot of new ideas that I can use with my clients.

One of the highlights of the conference was meeting many personal trainers from other states as well as other countries. It was nice to get to know them, and find out what they do.  Many have attended up to 5 years of the FAI conferences, and I'm pretty sure this won't be my last one since the focus is on training the active aging adult.



I am listening to the keynote speaker in this picture 
(I am the blonde in the front left side of the picture).


No comments:

Post a Comment